miércoles, 4 de noviembre de 2015

PS VITA like Portable Digital Audio Player (DAP) ver 2.0 [Audiophile Section]


This is my humble audio chain for portable listening, :


I'm just starting in this of being called audiophile, but I'm sure that more than one person wants to know, how about the PS Vita serves as a music player.




I now use headphones ATH-M50 and an audio amplifier Fiio e11 Sennheiser HD-598 with FIIO RC-HD1 cable , since the PS Vita has a very weak built-in amplifier, which also lacks power at low frequency signals (not bassy)...
therefore most of the soul of the music is lost, the microdetails are there but they feel off ; So the fiio e11 is the component almost perfect for PS Vita (even though it doesn't look anything Portable) helps to give the touch that lacks the low signals in PS Vita, thanks to the E11 EQ preset that gives a boost to low signals.

The PS Vita has a chip Wolfson Micro WM1803E for the audio processing; The clarity and soundstage of the audio signal is really great, a little bit dull, without the FIIO e11 for me the volumen level is perfect, it reaches almost compete with my humble audio interface Rig Kontrol 3 by Native Instruments, the only thing lacking is in the low frequency signals like said before.



The PS Vita shows its full potential when play uncompressed music in WAV format, although it consumes a lot more memory, but in my case this is no a problem, I'd rather have my collection of music in wav format and sorted in playlists.



On the other hand the MP3(v0 and 320 kbps) files show a decline of micro-detail and separation of instruments (
I am aware that involves compressing these types of files, but in my pc these "mp3" dont sound as bad as in the vita.),  do not understand why this should happen in the system, I suppose the ps vita should treat differently internally mp3 files.
 I love my ps vita, love design, love the OLED screen,I think is the perfect portable console, although I not buy to play, rather in order to watch movies, series and music.
I still prefer my Sony PSP 3000 like DAP, not a awesome DAC but feel the sound is more natural and fuller than the PS VITA. 


My PS Vita has a slight internal modification, in order to protect against electromagnetic interference, close and essential components corresponding to the audio output of the motherboard.


  

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario